Fishing Journal Entry 4

5/1/16

I took the whole family to one of my favorite fishing holes today.  The water is up and really muddy.  We fished for about two hours with minnows and crappie jigs which resulted in only a few bites.  

Fishing, crappie fishing, fish

The temperature was 57 degrees today.  The skies were cloudy with a wind blowing from the NW at 12 miles per hour.

Fish, crappie fishing, lake

The barometric pressure was 30.04 and rising with a dew point of 46 which may have something to do with the fish not biting.  I'll try to start keeping track of the pressure and dew point levels in my future journal entries.  This information could come in handy if I start to notice a pattern of fish activity at varying pressure and dew point readings.

Fish, lake, pond

Carrie (my wife) was the only one who actually landed a fish which can be seen in the picture below. I usually don't get skunked, but there's a first time for everything.

fish, crappie,  small crappie

On another note....Emilee broke her hand in three places last Thursday.  She insisted that she was still going to go fishing!  I guess you just can't keep a true fisherman or fisherwoman away from the water.

Fishing, fish, fishing hole


Fish, Fishing, Crappie Fishing


- Any day in the outdoors is a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment