Fishing Journal Entry 7

5/21/16

Finding a day without rain that hasn't required working late has been a real challenge lately.  However, I finally managed to squeeze one in.  I decided to take my wife and children along on this trip for some family time.  I also invited my dad to join us (the kids love their time with grandpa).

Clouds in the sky, Cloudy skies, Clouds
The sky turned from sunny to cloudy.
The temperature was 73 degrees with skies that changed from sunny to cloudy.  The barometric pressure was 30.12 and falling.  We fished at a local pond (one of our favorite fishing holes).

Dad's Largemouth, Largemouth bass, Largemouth
Here's dad with the big fish of the day.
The picture above shows dad holding his only catch of the day.  A largemouth bass that measured just shy of sixteen inches long.  Watching him reel that one in was a load of fun!

Smallmouth, A Smallmouth Bass, Catching Smallmouth Bass
My Smallmouth Bass
Once again we all fished with minnows.  I also used many different crappie lures in several color combinations (all of which netted nothing).  I caught one smallmouth bass, and one largemouth.

Largemouth Bass Fishing, A Largemouth Bass, Largemouth
My Largemouth Bass
On this outing I managed to out-fish my wife as she and the kids were unable to bring in any fish.  Days like this help us teach our children that you can still have fun outdoors even when success eludes you.


By the way...It began raining this evening just as we were packing up to head back home.  I sure am glad we were able to squeeze this fishing trip in.  It is supposed to rain on us again this whole next week.  Perhaps summer will intervene in this weather pattern and allow more family fishing days  sometime soon.

If you enjoy the fishing journal posts please share them with your friends.  If there is other information you would like to see included in these posts feel free to leave a comment below to let us know what you think.

- Any day in the outdoors is a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment