Fishing Journal Entry 13 - Lone Jack Lake

7/10/2016

After working late all week I finally managed to sneak in a little fishing time today.  My son and I decided to try fishing at a Lone Jack Lake.  Having never fished at this lake before, we weren't sure what to expect.  

While out fishing, the skies were partly cloudy and the sun was blazing down.  It was partly cloudy and hot with a temperature of 90 degrees (the weather monitor on my phone said it felt like 96 degrees).  The barometric pressure of 29.90 and holding steady with a UV index of 3.

Partly Cloudy Skies, Clouds, Mostly Sunny Skies
A View Of The Sky
This lake is in a beautiful area surrounded by trees and some cropland.  The lake itself is not overly large, but it is big enough that several people can fish there without feeling crowded.

Lone Jack Conservation Area, Small Lake, Lake Fishing
A View Of The Lake
Here are a couple of pictures of Lone Jack Lake from the area where we were fishing.

Lone Jack Lake Conservation Area, Lake Fishing, Small Lake
Another View Of Lone Jack Lake
We fished with minnows about three feet below our bobbers.  We also fished with shrimp on the bottom in an attempt to catch some catfish.  Cody was having a good time, but the fish refused to bite for him.
Father Son Fishing, Lake Fishing, Summertime Fishing
My Son Enjoying This Little Fishing Trip
About half an hour before we packed it up to head home, I managed to catch a tiny bass.  I was almost surprised that he could even get the minnow in his mouth; however, bass do have big appetites.

Baby Bass, Bass Fishing, Bass
The First Catch Of The Day
Not long after reeling in the baby fish I managed to hook into a decent one.  I had a blast reeling this one in!

Bass Fishing, Lake Fishing, Fishing For Bass
The Second Fish Of The Day
I released both fish after photographing them.  Perhaps they will get bigger and I'll have a chance to hook into them again (especially the bigger one).

At least I was able to catch a couple of fish today, for a while I thought I was going to get skunked for the first time this year.  I know it's bound to happen sooner or later, but it ended up not happening today.

- Any day in the outdoors is a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment