A Day With The Family

As an average outdoorsman, I know that I can't spend every waking moment fishing, hiking, hunting and taking in nature.  I can only dream of making a living by doing the activities I enjoy the most.  There are always other responsibilities such as working a full time job, taking care of the animals, working around the house and spending time with my wife and two children doing other things they enjoy.    Yes they like the outdoors and spending time with me there, but there are times when they have other things they want to experience.

Royals Baseball, MLB, Kansas City Royals
Royals Stadium KC MO

This has been one of those days.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  Today my wife and I took our kids to a Royals Baseball game.  Throughout the game it seemed as though it would be a loss for the Boys In Blue.  Starting the bottom of the ninth inning with the White Sox in the lead seven to one, there seemed to be no way our hometown heroes could win.  However, we found out that when you don't give up, there is always a chance to come out on top.

Royals Stadium, Royals, Royals Baseball
Spending Time With My Kiddos

During the final at bat for the Royals, we watched as they brought in one run after another and went on to gain the lead for the first time winning the game eight to seven.


This game provided me with the opportunity to explain to my children that "in life there will be times when things seem impossible, but with persistence you can win in the end."  I believe this is a life lesson that should be taught to every child.  Obviously you will not be able to come in first at everything you attempt every time you try, but if you don't give it your best you will definitely lose.

KC Royals, MLB, MLB Baseball
Being Silly With Emilee
This lesson can help in the area of teaching our children about hunting and fishing as well.  You will not always get the animal you are hunting.  You will not always bring home a boat load of fish.  Sometimes your camping trips may get rained out.  However, with patience you can increase your odds of pulling off a successful adventure.

MLB, MLB Baseball, At The Ball Game
Emilee & Dakota Enjoying The Game
-Any day in the outdoors is a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment