Fishing Journal Entry 9

5/29/16

I had the opportunity to hang out with a buddy of mine who I hadn't been fishing with in a long time. We had a great time even though the fish were biting slow.  Today's temperature made it up to about 80 degrees with mostly sunny skies.

Blue Catfish, Catfishing, Catfish
Not A Bad Blue Catfish
The barometric pressure was again around 30.12 and falling slowly to about 30.05 during the two hours we were out.  The wind was blowing from the south/southeast at a mere two miles per hour.

Channel Cat, Catfish, Catfishing
A Smaller Channel Catfish
Both fish were caught on minnows.  Jason attempted using multiple lures to no avail as the fish just weren't interested in his offerings.  Having talked to a few other friends via Facebook I found out that catching fish was a rare event today.  

Even though the fishing has been slow lately every outing has been a blast!  I know that sooner or later I will hit the water at that perfect moment when the fish just can't resist the bait at the end of my line.  Until then I'll just keep enjoying the outdoors while I wait on these slow biting swimmers.

- Any day in the outdoors is a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment