Why Have The Daily Posts Slowed Down?

Hello everyone,

I must apologize to all of my followers and the faithful readers of this blog.  My daily postings here have seemingly came to a halt for a while now and for that I apologize. At times life has a way of throwing obstacles in our paths that can hinder our progress, and these past few weeks have been no exception to that rule in my family.

To start with my daughter broke her hand in three places which required surgery and a total of six screws (two in each of the three broken bones).  This alone was enough to put a damper on things; however, two days later my mother had to undergo cancer surgery.

Broken Bones, Surgery For Broken Bones, Screws In Bones
Emilee's Hand After The Surgery

After we managed to get through two surgeries in one week, mother nature decided we didn't have enough on our plates and decided to send a hail storm our way.  Below are a few pictures of the hail that tore up our vehicles as well as the roof, guttering and some of the siding on our house.
Hail, Large Hail, Baseball Sized Hail
Huge Hail Stone
The hail stone pictured below was picked up from our yard after it had melted a bit.
Hail, Hail Stone, Spiked Hail Stone
Giant Hail Stone
Below is a picture looking through the window of the vehicle I happened to be driving when the hail storm arrived.  Some of the hail that bounced off this car was the size of a softball.  I thought I was going to be wearing the windshield.  Needless to say, I have no desire to go through that experience again.
Hail Damage, Shattered Windshield, Hail vs Windshield
Window Shattered By Hail
One of our vehicles (my trusty '92 F150 4x4) was considered a total loss by the insurance company which left me without a way to get to my favorite hunting and fishing spots.  This of course meant that it was time to find a new vehicle.  After days of searching through every ad source my wife and I could find, she finally stumbled across the truck that would become our new adventure mobile.
F350 4x4, Lifted Crew Cab F350, Lifted Crew Cab 4x4
The New Adventure Mobile
If this truck proves to be as trustworthy and the old one was and we can manage to avoid being hit by any more hail we should be in good shape for quite some time.

I can assure you that as things begin to get back to normal for our family I will once again post on a much more regular basis.

- Any day in the outdoors is a good day (even when the weather throws you a curve ball)

No comments:

Post a Comment